LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Dream Song, asked and answered


XXXI Days of Poetry - Day the Thirteenth




Dream Song, asked and answered




Salloq slipped out of the boat 
and into the water, the last 
few steps to the uneven shore. 
The moon hung low, Night tense, 
watching, waiting, for what comes.



You keep kindling 
fires in my heart 
where there should 
only be cold ash.
(even) More than 
your body, I hunger 
to know your mind. 



Look upon Promontory Rock
Jutting from the cliff-side 
in brash, bold etched lines.
It is its own proscenium arch
and stage together, demanding
your attention. Drawing every eye.



Deep in Night's Shadow 
I yearn for you. I wish 
to hold you close in the 
enveloping Darkness and 
know every nuance of how you tremble. 



Some dreams hurt so much, 
there is no response, 
not even sadness.



I will travel to the
Well of Lost Hope and 
sing the Dream Song, 
of colors now faded, 
outlooks now jaded, 

(My 
   world 
        turns 
            slowly 
          in 
     fitful 
arc.) 

My transitory level 
of appreciation for 
slowly passing hours 
matters not, My Lady. 
What matters is Truth,
and the Song, and You.



















XXXI Days of Poetry (2016)


Read more Poetry, including previous year's "31 Days"





[ART - "Dunnottar Castle" by Waller Hugh Paton (1828-1895)]










Return to Literary Hype Home Page
Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!