LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Clinging Hope



XXXI Days of Poetry - Day the Twelfth





Clinging Hope



She appeared, out of a story, 
a siren to steal my soul away. 
I could not speak as I saw her, 
exquisite beauty, born to shame 
Angels, struck me mute. I tried, 
vainly, to recover, but what use? 
The Kingdom's most skilled thief 
could not purloin as she captured
me. She spake her name. Mind so 
fogged, I could not grasp. Struggled 
for conversational pleasantries. 

I failed. 

All night long I watched her glide 
across the floor as if she danced.
Her grace and eloquence could 
inspire symphonies. I worked to 
gain the courage to speak. How
could I tell her she seared my 
mind's eye? How can I explain 
how my heart beats faster at her 
mere sight? How can I speak of 
that which there are no words? 

I cannot, so I struggle within my 
heart. I struggle within my soul. 
I struggle with what cannot be 
named. Through tears, sighs 
and clinging hope, 

I struggle on all the same. 




















XXXI Days of Poetry (2016)


Read more Poetry, including previous year's "31 Days"





[ART - "Aspasia" Self-portrait by Marie-Geneviève Bouliard (1763-1825)]










Return to Literary Hype Home Page

Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!