LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Sifting over Memory and Bone



[Day 11 of the 31 Days of Poetry]










Tripping through the Light to find the Stone
Sifting over Memory and Bone
Tracking through the maze, filled with acrid, angry haze
Destined to forever be alone


Packing up the iron that can save
Splitting light across the arcing wave
The Past sings out the Storm, clotted red and salty warm
Shadows on the wall inside the Cave


Clawing through the carnage and the mud
Searching for a sign to end the Flood
Weakened by the Thirst, and the Remnant of the Cursed
Coursing with the venom of the Blood


Hidden Stone, forever lost from sight
Flowing through the Shadows of the Night
Bone - reduced to ash - wears the Silence like a sash
Never to return into the Light






Notes
1. I seem to have written this while I was asleep. At least, I have no memory of it. This is the third time I have woken up with something sitting next to me that sounds vaguely like prophecy. The first time I woke to find these words written on the wall (in my handwriting) next to my bed. The second time was one paper, but was in no language I'd ever heard. (I was obsessed with those "words" for months.) As for this, I have no idea what it means, but it tickles the back of my mind, as if I SHOULD know. 
2. For what it's worth, I did change about 4 words from what was written (I felt guilty, editing Asleep Hyperion), and there was one word I simply couldn't decipher, so I had to come up with my own. Other than that, this is exactly what appeared on the page. 
3. I noticed as I read this aloud (and I beg, you, I BEG YOU, to do so), that the meter was exactly like a poem I wrote last year for 31 Days of Prophecy called Missing Beat. I remember that poem drove me crazy because I could "hear" a fourth beat in my head for Lines 1,2 and 4 of each stanza, even though there were no words.  I don't know how to explain it more than that. 





See the full 2011 Edition of the 31 Days of Poetry




See the 2010 edition of the 31 Days of Poetry


See more poetry on Literary Hype




Return to the Hyperion Empire Home Page



No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!