LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

The Castle in My Heart



[Day 10 of the 31 Days of Poetry]








speak to me one last time and tell me 
there is no future, no hope for us, 
and i will tear down what i created 
for you; the castle in my heart.   


i will take down the ramparts, 
the towers, the very fortress 
where you ruled as queen, stone by stone, 
and i will wall off my heart from the 
light of hope with those very same stones. 
i want you to stay. to live in the castle 
forevermore and be mine, as i am yours. 


but if this is not what you want, 
then speak to me one last time. 
let me hear it in your voice 
and see it in your eyes, 


so that I may tear down the castle in my heart. 









See the full 2011 Edition of the 31 Days of Poetry




See the 2010 edition of the 31 Days of Poetry


See more poetry on Literary Hype




Return to the Hyperion Empire Home Page






No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!