LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Peace



Peace? 
I know not the meaning of the word. 
I am a man at war with my own soul.
I stand accused, tried, convicted of 
Treason.


I wish to Rise above, escape my 
Shackles and defeat mine Enemy.
But there is only one Exit from here, 
And I have long since accepted the 
White feather, resting in my pocket.


Peace?
A word for Dreamers and the Damned,
The gods laugh to keep from crying, 
Drops of Rain nobody could explain.
Eyes hold disgust as mouths twitch. 
What they did not understand is that
Sometimes the greatest act of strength 
Is to keep the Sword in its Sheath.
Courage.





Return to Literary Hype Home Page

Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!