LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

All I Ever Am





All I ever am is tired
(But) sleep will hardly ever come
I do not have what is required
To give up Thought's unceasing drum


(And) even when the voices quiet
Pain remains my body's King
Inciting bones and flesh to riot
Making muscles bow and sing


I lie exhausted, always waiting
For the blank of Nothingness
Soon the screaming, now abating
And Sleep's gentle tenderness. 







Return to Literary Hype Home Page

Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!