LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

In the Gloaming

    




[I asked Alexis if she would do a Guest-Poem for the 31 Days of Poetry, and she wrote back, saying she was going to do a Terzanelle.  I immediately thought of this:





Come to find out, a Terzanelle is a type of poem, a combination of a Villanelle and a Terza rima. (Don't feel badly if you didn't know that; remember - I'm the idiot that thought she was talking about Johnny Weissmuller in a loin cloth.) I mention all of this to you because I think knowing a little bit of the background of the Terzanelle poem will give you a deeper appreciation of how hard it is to pull this all off.  And without further ado, I present Alexis's poem.]






In The Gloaming
(Guest-Poet - Alexis)


You'll find me in the middle of the gloaming,
caught between the daylight and the night.
Escaping from the past, I'm tired from roaming,

searching for a moment of delight.
I try, but I can't tell which way leads home;
as I'm caught between the daylight and the night.

Speak to me before I start to roam.
Your voice, so gentle, is carried on the breeze. 
I try, but I can't tell which way leads home;

speak easy and help guide me through the trees.
Your presence is a beacon here to guide me;
Your voice, so gentle, is carried on the breeze.

I'm coming now. My heart is tired and lonely;
I hope that you will be there to catch me if I fall.
Your presence is a beacon here to guide me -- 

To find you, I have given it my all. 
You'll find me in the middle of the gloaming,
I hope that you will be there to catch me if I fall--
Escaping from the past, I'm tired from roaming.







Return to Literary Hype Home Page

Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!