LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Testament



XXXI Days of Poetry - Day the Twenty-fourth

  





Testament 




Cleansed of the need for acceptance, 
Scoured of hope that I am what they 
Want, will ever be what they need;

I am ready for different direction. 

Cover me in ash until I am hidden from 
The Light. Char my soul black until it 
Strains the very woven fabric of Life. 

I am Done reaching out for embrace. 

When now I reach, let my hands be 
Filled with weapons, and let the Truth 
Of my words cut sharper than knives. 

If I cannot be loved, let me be feared. 

Let them cower and cover up their faces.
Let my name fill to bursting their lips
And form the rhythm of their heartbeats.

Let them know that I have come for them.

From now on I will take what I want and 
look not where I step to avoid giving hurt. 
I will hold, in tightest grip: what is mine.

I will expand exponentially: what is mine. 

I want it all, and I will take it. 
All but Love. That, you can keep. 
You will find it on the midden heap. 

You have been told. 








"Testament" has many thematic similarities to an entry from the 2012 version of 31 Days of Poetry: "Burn the World to the Ground"






XXXI Days of Poetry (2016)


Read more Poetry, including previous year's "31 Days"





[ART - Top: Cover Art to Testament's Album "Dark Roots of Earth" by Eliran Kantor]





Return to Literary Hype Home Page
Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!