LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

No Taste for my Reign




I have nothing to offer in payment
I have nothing to show for the pain
I am garbed in a mendicant's raiment
I am far from the taste of my reign


I am standing exposed in the brightness
I am shredded, failure laid bare
I have nothing to fight the indictment
I have nothing to plea but despair

I wish to end my own sorrow

I wish to salve all my scars
I have no hope of tomorrow
I have nothing but feathers and tar


I have a bad habit of bailing
I have no one else I can blame
I wish to cease all my failing
I wish now to smother the flame




April 26, 2010
12:46 a.m.

Return to Literary Hype Home Page

Go to Hyperion Institute Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!