LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Sonnet 1


XXXI Days of Poetry - Day the Twenty-first 





[written my Junior year of high school, c. 1993]



Sonnet 1



If the sun stops shining and the moon falls away
If all the people leave
If my body infirms and my hair turns to gray
Without you I’ll have no reprieve.
If I become famous when I’m full grown,
If the decisions are mine to choose
If I turn all-powerful; have a world of my own
Without you I’ll still surely lose.
Maybe someday you’ll come to love me
Maybe you’ll give me your smile
Maybe I’ll get to spend my time with thee
And you’ll make my life worthwhile
For now I’ll struggle on and do my best,
Knowing most likely I’ll fail your test.











XXXI Days of Poetry (2016)


Read more Poetry, including previous year's "31 Days"



{I know I indicated above, but it bears repeating: wrote this when I was 16 or so. At the time I just did it quickly to be done. Never in a million years did I think I would one day care about poetry}

[ART - Top"The Duel After the Masquerade" by Jean-Léon Gérôme (1824 –1904)]
     













Return to Literary Hype Home Page
Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!