LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

On Dreams



XXXI Days of Poetry - Day the Twenty-seventh

  





On Dreams 



I
My dreams assault me
They batter me, with 
fear and rage, pain, 
sadness and despair.
And even the wonderful 
dreams are bittersweet, 
for they too soon end.

But the dreams do not. 

They are relentless, 
exhausting, a physical 
pounding as well as
mental, and spiritual
too. I can delay the 
inevitable, but at times
I must sleep, and so I 
have no recourse. They
own me, and they know it.





II
I had a dream I made a 
girl smile. I don't know 
her name, or if I will 
ever see her again, but 
maybe, just maybe, she 
will remember me.





III
Go to where reflection meets 
Reality, Where dreams' haze 
Floats in the air like Amber 
Smoke. There will I show you 
The blurred edge of Forever.







XXXI Days of Poetry (2016)


Read more Poetry, including previous year's "31 Days"






[ART - Top"The Fall of Phaeton" by Peter Paul Rubens (1577–1640)]
     




Return to Literary Hype Home Page
Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!