LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Lasting Impression

[Day 26 of the 31 Days of Poetry]




"I stood by the river and watched the water float by implacably, unaware of my power to bend its course to my will. I stepped into the waters and I stood in the river, a monolith, as I bathed in Heaven's pure light while the waves broke upon my body, the water forced to find a new path. I laughed deep, the sound cleansing my lungs and throat as the water washed over my soul. I stepped back on land and looked down in pity at the river, still floating by, still unaware of the lasting impression I had made."




[Painting: "River Telfi" by Mark Cox.  See his Gallery here.]






Return to the Hyperion Empire Home

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!