LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Ignoramasaurus

[Day 5 of the 31 Days of Poetry]




[Note: I started writing this poem yesterday, and I don't know what happened. One minute it was a short poem highlighting sound and color, with a "voice" I'd never tried before, and the next thing I know it's a 10 page story written in fountain pen and my hand is throbbing with muscle cramps. 


Oh, and the story....more AfterDarky than anything I've posted there before. 


(Wait. I don't think I want to use that term. Let's go with AfterDarkly than anything I've posted before. Much better. Suck it, people who get offended for a living!)


I have no idea how long the poem would have been, but since I ended up with a story I cut it off here after the first few lines, so you can at least see I fulfilled my obligation. For those of you who want to see what happened next, there's a link at the bottom - but I warn you - you better have your big girl panties on; it ain't for the weak of heart. -Hyperion]







Ignoramasaurus
(the poem, not the sexy story)




"Quickly!" She said, turning sharply 
on her leather-strap stiletto heels 
without looking to see if I followed, 
and click-clacking across the marble floor. 


Did I follow?  
What am I, an ignoramasaurus? 
'Course I followed. 
If you'd seen that broad, 
you'd follow too.  


She moved real quick, but I don't know how 
that dame did it, wearin' a buttoned-up 
dark suit with a skin-tight skirt to her knees 
that hugged her curves like a jockey riding 
the rail around the quarter-pole at Aqueduct. 
Her gams were sweet........





If you want to see more, check out the After Dark Tale Ignoramasaurus (For Mature Audiences)





See the full 2011 Edition of the 31 Days of Poetry

See the 2010 edition of the 31 Days of Poetry

See more poetry on Literary Hype


Return to the Hyperion Empire Home Page

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!