LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

When I say your name






When I say your name - if only for the 
few brief seconds it takes to conjure, 
sitting lusciously within my mind's reach, 
then pour out of my throat, flow off my
tongue, slip between my teeth, linger 
on my lips and hover in the air - for 
those few seconds the pain is less, 
I don't hurt as much, and for that, 
I thank you. 






[the painting is "Miranda" by John William Waterhouse]


Return to Literary Hype Home Page
Go to Hyperion Empire Home Page

3 comments:

jadriana said...

Lovely. :)

Lisa Bradley said...

You write beautifully.

Hyperion said...

Aye - I regularly win penmanship awards.

(The classier thing to do would be to just say thank you, but I'll choke their rivers with my dead before I adopt any civilizin' ways.)

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!