LiteraryHype
Literary Hype Internet

Beddleton

Beddleton



I waited over an hour for Janiff to leave the room. I knew that Janiff held favor with Valetti, but my idea to resolve the issue would render everybody’s story null. Once I entered Valetti’s chambers, I did not even know where to begin. I could no longer restrain my thoughts.

“His insatiable need for women is what killed him, I tell you. They’re all whores in my book. And I, for one, think that Majere’s murder should serve as a reminder for all that the root of sin lies in each woman. It was a good and justifiable death.”

Valetti swore quietly and took a deep breath. He reminded me that anything I was to tell him would be held in the utmost confidence. He asked me where I was yesterday. If he only knew.

My misogynistic tendencies were well known, they are my reality. In fact, I believed, as the Greeks did, that only homosexual men were capable of achieving perfect union with God, as it was the only pure spiritual and intellectual relationship. Through years of experience, I now believe that women are good for two things: cleaning by day and keeping hogs company by night. I thought I kept my secrets well-hidden to avoid public humiliation. If only Majere had heeded my warnings, perhaps he’d still be alive. Perhaps.

“My dear Bishop Valetti, I feel like I must tell you that it is obvious that the whore killed Majere. I could smell her foul flesh on his body. Her nudity proclaims her many sins!”

Once I started, I knew that I was appealing to Valetti’s sense of survival. This murder was, politically, very inconvenient.

“A woman who is capable of such lust has no remorse in committing a grievous sin. And even if she didn’t, she is nothing more than chattel ; we can easily place the blame on her. Her burning body will keep our secret. We need to make a statement to the women in our congregations! Their capacity for intellectual reason is lower than dogs—as you well know—and I am confident that we will be vindicated... I know…”

Valetti interrupted.

“My dear Beddleton, your reasoning is sound. We need to find justice. But you have not told me of your whereabouts yesterday. And, of what secret do you speak? I know of no secrets between us, my brother in God.”

Does he want to know the truth? Does he want to follow the same path as Majere? Of course, Majere suspected the means in which I sought a perfect union with God but does Valetti also?

The chloroform was easy to come by, but the whore was not. I have much explaining to do.

No comments:

 

Y I B

Literary Hype is the dream-child of Hyperion, who may or may not be completely insane. We offer original stories, Poetry, Books Reviews, Music Lyrics Analysis and more. (We even have Adult Fiction on a sister site: After Dark Tales.) We hope you find what you are looking for!